Saturday, November 11, 2006

Things that matters..from now on!

I feel some times one must take sometime away from his life,look up and see the life around. The past two months have been a revelation for me. Revelation so astounding that I have been amazed by what life has shown me. I have come across different people and have learnt about life. But the best part of the past two months have been the different places I have been to Aarhus, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Delhi, Gurgaon, Jaipur.
When I look back to the life in Denmark I find amazing how a little bit of discipline, mutual respect for one another and for life as a whole can dramatically uplift the whole life standard of a country. Statistically Denmark is the most happy and rich country of Europe. Well no wonder the people are happy over there, because they have something called ‘Life’. They know how to balance work and life. They have made work a part of their life but not the whole of it. It’s amazing to see how successfully they balance the work and life. They would come to office early in the morning and do a perfect eight hour job and then go back to their families. They would enjoy vacations atleast once in a year. The simplicity of the people and the zeal to enjoy life is the thing that makes them so different. Their culture is open yet so rich and civilized.
When I come back here I find that work is the driving force in our life. No matter what we do or say we do, its work that is eating away the largest part of our lives. When I look around I see people who work and talks about work, during breaks the only topic discussed is work. No one has time and everyone is busy. No one is sure why they are busy. And many people are happy being busy. It’s a paranoidal chaos everywhere and I am proudly a part of this.
Picking up the lessons that i have learnt from Denmark I have decided to look to the finer aspects of life from now on. Its easy to say I want to do it….but I guess its worth giving it a try.

No comments: