Sunday, January 28, 2007

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me"

The world is so very fascinating when it comes to life and unfurling the true colors of life. The proverb ‘truth is stranger than fiction’ has proven itself over time immemorial. Infact while growing up I have realized this proverb in different dimensions and in different situations. Perhaps not everyone has the courage to face the truth and that who speaks them gets crucified. The bottom line is that people like to live in the virtual world-‘MATRIX’ as you can call it. Every time someone has taken a step to go beyond this MATRIX he has faces opposition, be it Socrates, Newton or even Einstein.

When I try to walk straight people say that the road is curve so take a turn. But I know that walking straight will lead me to my destination and my beliefs. But most people take the curve. Few have the courage to take the ‘road not taken’. I know the consequence of doing this may be high, but when I am ready to pay why I should care what people say, I can walk straight.

Actually everyone tries to live politically in the world. They seem to be afraid to call a ‘Spade’ as ‘Spade’. They have built a world of virtuosity around themselves and like living in it. Show them the real world and they can’t even handle it. The fact is that most people have a built a world around them and the problem arises when two interfering world meets.

Friendship and love are possibly the two most indefinable words in English today. The very essence and meaning keeps eluding me but not the feelings. The moment their meanings are challenged I try to redefine them. The solution is not that. Perhaps finding the true meaning is important. But then again since I can feel both these I don’t bother to find its meaning. It’s like gravitational force, I know its there I can feel perhaps I can’t define it. If Newton hadn’t done it I am not sure if I would have ever deciphered it. But where to find the Newton who can define Friendship and Love to me.

Lastly the question arises what is more important to me in life. My beliefs, my vision, my ideas, my way to lead life or the way the world likes me to be. I guess I would prefer the former. The reason is without me the world is meaningless but without the world I am not meaningless!!

No comments: